They’re not kidding when they say time flies… Whether or not you feel like 1994 was just yesterday or a million years ago, we KNOW you’re going to be shocked by some of the things that are as old as *ahem* us. So let’s step into this time machine and get transported back to the year of tech revelations, fashion icons, and world changing events.
The year of 1994
1. The world population was 4.738 billion. It’s now 7.7 billion. Mind = blown! 🤯
2. Nelson Mandela became president of South Africa in one of the world’s most influential racial equality and human rights moments.
3. The Lion King was released! Hakuna Matata has been stuck in our heads ever since.
4. Forest Gump started running across our screens.
5. And Shawshank Redemption…
6. And we can’t forget the iconic Pulp Fiction!
7. Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was at No. 1 in the charts for literally forever.
8. Oasis released their first studio album, ‘Definitely Maybe’. 2000’s babies, this was not the album that featured Wonder Wall!
9. If Oasis wasn’t your jam, then Ace of Base might have been because The Sign was released in ’94, too.
10. Friends Series 1 aired and clients have been asking for ‘The Rachel’ ever since. P.S. Where’s this reunion?! We need this 90’s nostalgia in our lives.
11. Nokia released its first mobile phone, the Nokia 1011. It was indestructible (no surprises there).
12. Sony Playstation was released for all you nostalgic gamers out there.
13. The grunge world took a massive blow when we lost Kurt Cobain.
14. Michael Jackson and Lisa Presley got hitched… then split in ’96.
15. The gorgeous Halsey was born… 25 years later she’s jamming on stage with T-Swift and Camilla Cabello to Swifty’s Shake it Off.
16. Harry Styles was born too for all the 1D fans out there.
17. So was Justin Bieber. If only the late 2000’s pop music scene knew what was in store for it. Baby, baby, baby ohhhhhhh!
18. Microsoft published its very first web page in 1994. It made waves around the world since it included an image (can you believe!) No surprises that it took forever to load. This is what it looked like 😂
19. Amazon was born, and our wallets have been empty ever since.
20. The first online transaction was for a pizza from Pizza Hut. Kinda wonder if it had pineapple on it?
21. Over 70 million people tuned in to watch the O.J Simpson trial.
22. The Channel Tunnel, connecting England and France, opens enabling people to travel between the two countries within 35 minutes. It took 7 years and over 15,000 workers to complete it.
23. Mini-buns rocked our world. Gwen was a 90’s icon! Special shout-out to butterfly clips while we’re at it… They were the icing on the cake for every hairdo!
24. Wearing cute tee’s under summery floral dresses was all the rage. Clearly for good reason since they’re back again for round two in 2019!
25. And last, but certainly not least, Shortcuts was born! Can you believe it?!
Happy Birthday to us!